Friday, April 15, 2011

Ice Cube Unsatisfied With L.A. Radio Stations.

Recently, Hip-Hop Vet. Ice Cube Expressed How He Feels About L.A. Radio Stations Pratically Turning Their Back On Hip-Hop.
["I'm not really happy with radio out in L.A.," Cube said in an interview. "I think they turned their back on the hip-hop scene out there. Not stations like KDAY, they still play the hits. But some stations that got a little more wattage, they're not bumping the hip-hop like they're supposed to...I think if you really focus too much on radio, you'll be lost as an artist anyway...I think radio is very deceptive. It's kind of fool's gold 'cause you always chasing your last radio hit instead of just going and doing hip-hop like you supposed to, you worrying about spins, stuff like that. To me, radio has messed up a lot of artists." (MTV)]
Cube Also Spoke On The Diverse Music L.A. Has Bred.
["I think people just got caught in a trick bag. L.A. has always been full of all kind of different talent, different styles," Cube said. "It ain't just a whole city of gang-banging. The Black Eyed Peas [are] a great example of how creative that region is, so I'm happy that it ain't all just one flavor now. That a lot of different flavors are getting out there. Leave the gangsta sh-- to me and everybody else can do whatever they do." (MTV)
]

No comments:

Post a Comment